I really don't have much to say about this one, other than it sounds great, looks amazing, and I really want to try it! This is a link to the original blog post with the recipe in it.
Chicken Crescent Role Casserole
2 (8 ounce) cans of Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese or any other cheese of your choice
1/2 cup of 18% table cream or whipping cream
A casserole dish, a saucepan, and a mixing bowl
4 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature
4 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 large, cooked, finely chopped chicken breasts (or use about 2 of cooked chicken)
1/2-3/4 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt or white salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise or whipping cream
1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the casserole dish.
- In a saucepan: mix half and half cream, 3/4 cup grated cheese (can use more if desired), and chicken soup. You can season this with black pepper if desired.
- Heat this until the cheese melts. Do not boil.
- For the filling: Make sure the cream cheese and butter are very soft. Mix them together in a mixing bowl until very smooth. Add garlic powder (if using).
- Add the chopped chicken, onion, and cheddar cheese to the filling mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of whipping cream/mayonnaise to the filling mixture and stir it until it is well combined.
- Season with the seasoned salt and/or black pepper to taste.
- Unroll the crescent rolls.
- Place one heaping teaspoon of the filling mixture on top of each crescent triangle. Then roll the triangles up starting at the thicker end.
- Drizzle a small amount of the original soup mixture (from the saucepan) on the bottom of the dish.
- Place the crescent rolls seam-side down on top of the layer in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce mixture on top of the crescent rolls. You don't have to use the full remaining amount of sauce, just as much as desired.
- Sprinkle 1 cup (or more, if desired) grated cheese to the top of the casserole.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.