This recipe caught my eye because I love getting those fried pickle appetizers at restaurants. They are usually a little pricey though, so I don't like that. These "fried" pickles might actually be a little healthier than the ones at restaurants too... they are actually not fried, they are made in the oven without all the grease. Here is a link to the original blog containing this recipe.
Homemade "Fried" Pickles
1 jar of dill pickle slices2 eggs
1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
Ranch dressing and/or hot sauce for dipping
- Turn the oven broiler on high
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and flour. Add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Mix well.
- Place panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Dunk each pickle into the egg mixture, then dredge it into the bread crumbs.
- Place coated pickles on a rack set above a baking sheet and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Place pan in the middle rack of the oven.
- Broil for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Let cool and serve with ranch dressing and a dash of hot sauce.