I love those jalapeño poppers you get from the frozen section, but I have never seen ones with bacon in them. This would be a great opportunity to try them. I want to try variations on this recipe too, like using cheddar cheese and no bacon... I wonder if that would be good? Anyway, This is a link to the original blog containing the recipe. I hope you like it!
Jalapeño Bacon Poppers
(Yield 16 poppers)Ingredients:
1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Dough
About 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (depending on how much you want to use).
1-2 fresh jalapeño peppers
3-4 strips of uncooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop the jalapeños into small pieces and clean out the seeds.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and then cook it. You can also cut up pre-cooked bacon, but it probably won't look as neat and it may crumble.
- Roll out the crescent dough and cut each triangle into two smaller triangles with a pizza cutter. If you decide not to do this step you will end up with 8 poppers that are larger than bite sized.
- Layer a small dollop of cheese, a piece of bacon, and a piece of a jalapeño onto each dough triangle.
- Bring the corners of the dough together and twist the top. Push all the edges together to seal them so the filling doesn't leak out.
- Bake the poppers for 10-15 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy!