This one caught my eye when I first got a pinterest account. I really want to make this, but there are a lot on ingredients involved. It seems like it would be really good, but very rich. I hope it's not too rich. Oh well, I want to try it anyway. This is a link to the original blog containing the recipe. I hope it works out well if anyone tries making it.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
Prep time: 20 minutes + chilling Yield: 12 - 16 servings
20 chocolate cream filled sandwich cookies (aka. Oreos), divided
2 tablespoons of butter, softened
1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1-1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, divided
1 carton (16 ounces) of frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided in half
16 miniature peanut butter cups, chopped
1 cup cold milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- To make the crust: Crush 16 cookies and toss the crumbs with butter. Press this into the bottom of an ungreased 9 inch square dish and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup confectioner's sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread this mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle peanut butter cups over the top.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat (with a hand mixer) the milk, pudding mix, and remaining confectioner's sugar on low speed for 2 minutes. Let it stand for another 2 minutes, or until soft-set. Fold in the remaining whipped topping.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the peanut butter cups. Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle them over the top.
- Cover the dish and chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours so the dessert can set up. If you don't wait long enough it will fall apart when you try to serve it.