This looks really good and I want to try it ASAP. The recipe doesn't have any meat in it, but I'm sure you could add hamburger or chicken and either would still be good. Here is a link to the original blog with the recipe in it. I hope you enjoy it.
Tomato and Mozzarella Pasta
Ingredients:2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 (14 ounce) cans of diced Italian plum tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1 pound of pasta (tubes)
8 ounces of Mozzarella cheese, cubed
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add garlic and heat over medium high heat for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano. Simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta.
- When the pasta is done, toss it with the sauce.
- Place half the pasta in an oiled 9x13 inch dish. Cover the top with half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the Mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the top with the remaining pasta. Cover the pasta with the remaining Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.