When I was younger, I used to make these with my grandma, but we always used Hershey Kisses. I saw this on pinterest and I thought it was a cute idea to use heart shaped chocolates instead of Hershey Kisses. This is a link to the Betty Crocker website the the recipe was originally posted on.
1 pouch of Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons sugar36 heart shaped milk chocolate candies (or Hershey Kisses)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl: Stir cookie mix, oil, water, and egg until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 36 (1 inch) balls and roll them in sugar.
- Place the dough balls 2 inches apart on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Immediately press a chocolate candy into the top of each cookie.
- Remove the cookies from the cookie sheets and move to cooling racks.
- Let the cookies cool for about 20 minutes before storing or serving them.