This cake looks amazing and it doesn't even involve turning on the oven! I can't wait to try this one. Here is a link to the original blog with the recipe in it. I hope yours turns out well!
No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed
3 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 sleeves of graham crackers (about 19 ounces or 24-28 whole crackers
2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Take out a few or the best looking strawberries and set them aside for garnish (optional). Hull the remainder of the strawberries and slice each berry into this slices.
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 cups of cream until it holds stiff peaks. Add the confectioners sugar and vanilla and whip to combine.
- Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan or platter. Lay down 6 graham crackers and lightly cover the top of the crackers with more whipped cream. Add a single layer of strawberries to the top.
- Repeat the layering 3 times, until you have 4 layers of graham crackers. Spread the rest of the whipped cream to the top and swirl lightly with a spoon to add a decorative effect. Add a few more strawberries to the top.
- To make the chocolate drizzle topping: Heat the remaining 1/4 cup of whipping cream until bubbles form around the edges, then pour over the chopped chocolate. let it stand for a few minutes and then whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy. Drizzle this over the layered dessert with a spoon, or transfer to a squeeze bottle and use that to drizzle.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until the crackers have softened completely. Garnish with additional berries. Serve and enjoy!