This recipe looks amazing and I want to try it ASAP! It has been on my pinterest page for months and I keep saying that I will try it, but I haven't found the time yet. This is a link to the original blog post with the recipe in it.
1 bag of egg noodles
1 extra large jar of Ragu tomato sauce (or any brand you prefer)
At least 3 cups or shredded mozzarella cheese (more if you like a lot of cheese)
1 1/2 pounds of hamburger meat
* optional: add diced onions to the meat for more flavor
1 package of pre-cut pepperoni
A glass casserole dish
- Brown the meat and optional onions and drain off the grease.
- Boil the egg noodles until soft and drain them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Now you are ready to start layering.
2: Half of the noodles.
3: Half of the meat.
4: Half of the sauce.
5: The rest of the noodles.
6: Half of the cheese.
7: The rest of the meat.
8: The rest of the sauce.
9: The rest of the cheese.
10: Cover the top with pepperoni.
- When you are finished layering, it should look something like this:
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- When it's done baking, take it out of the oven and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. (This is to let the casserole cool and to let everything settle together. If you don't let it sit, it will just fall apart when you take it out of the dish.)