These look really good, but there are a couple of things I would change about this recipe if I tried it. Instead of buying the pizza dough, I would try using a can of those refrigerated crescent roll things. I'm assuming it would cost less than pizza dough and would work just as well. I would also try using a small amount of pizza sauce in the filling. Here is a link to the original website that I found the recipe on. I hope it works out well if anyone tries it.
Enough pizza dough for about one pizza
4 ounces of cubed mozzarella cheese (about 20-24 pieces)
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate or cake pan.
- Divide the pizza dough into 20-24 roughly equal sized pieces.
- Take one of the dough pieces and top with a slice or 2 of pepperoni. Pull the edges of the dough around the fillings and pinch closed. Place it seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
- Lightly brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil. Sprinkle the tops with Italian seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Serve warm, with dipping sauce as desired.